19 October 2010

Does the internet really need another blogger?

Really, does it? I wonder. My mind thinks there must be thousands of bloggers out there, so why do I feel any need to add to the burden of "how shall I waste time today"? Actually, I don't feel any real need to make this blog at all. I have nothing much to say at the moment. Really I was just interested in how it all works. Yet now that I am here, perhaps I too have some banal, uninteresting insights that I will use this media to share with all you unsuspecting surfers out there... 

I rarely read other peoples blogs, partly because I have a short attention span, mainly because I don't know how to find them without the help of someone sending me a link first. If most people are that lazy, I figure I'll be the only one reading this particular blog. That's actually fine with me, since I write most things just for me and am genuinely quite surprised when anyone else shows interest. 

If people start 'following' this well, Hooray!, but that just means I have lovely supportive friends. If complete strangers start 'following' this and leaving comments, well, that may be a little strange, particularly since I don't think I am that interesting. It would be quite flattering though, provided their following stays in the virtual and doesn't venture out onto the streets of my reality.

So let the adventure that is this blog begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment